Breakfast is the most critical meal of your day. It helps to initiate your digestive system and provides the energy you need to commence the day with vigor. Therefore, it must be something healthy.
But wait a moment! Preparing a great breakfast can be frustrating because people rarely have time in the morning. This is why you need a sandwich maker. The best breakfast sandwich maker can save you a lot of time when trying to prepare a quick meal in the morning.
Do not let the frustrations of making a great breakfast stand on your way to a great start; get a sandwich maker. In this post, we evaluated the top 10 best sandwich makers to help you pick the ideal option. No matter your budget, space in the kitchen, or color preference, there is something for everyone.
10 Best Home Breakfast Sandwich Maker Reviews
|Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker (25490)||Check on Amazon|
|Proctor Silex 25408Y Sandwich Toaster||Check on Amazon|
|Cuisinart GR-4NR 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver, Red Dials||Check on Amazon|
|Breville BSG520XL Panini Duo 1500-Watt Nonstick Panini Press||Check on Amazon|
|T-fal 1500637135 SW6100 EZ Clean Easy to Clean Nonstick Sandwich and Waffle Maker with Removable Dishwasher Safe Plates, 2-Slice, Silver||Check on Amazon|
Best Breakfast Sandwich Maker
1. Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker (25490)
If you want to make two servings at any one moment, the Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker is one of the top options. It can prepare two sandwiches at a go. Unlike other sandwich makers that require you to make fillings and top them by yourself, it is different with this machine. Simply add every ingredient in a separate compartment, close it and your sandwich will be ready in less than 5 minutes.
One thing that makes this sandwich maker stand out is its ease of maintenance. Its construction was carefully done to simplify the process of cleaning. Simply remove all the removable parts and toss them in a dishwasher.
- Designed with an audible time indicator to notify you when the sandwich is ready.
- Easy to use for making yummy sandwiches.
- It has a thermostat that ensures the sandwich maker stays at the right temperatures.
- If you are alone and only need to make one sandwich, this breakfast sandwich maker might be too big for you.
2. Proctor Silex 25408Y Sandwich Toaster
Are you looking for a toaster that will take a very limited space? One of the top options is the Proctor Silex 25408Y Sandwich Toaster. This compact machine is designed to make the process of preparing sandwiches fast and simple. Once you place the sandwich on the machine, it will take only a few minutes for the sandwich to cook. Note that the machine cuts the sandwiches into sections to make them easy to eat or pack.
This maker also features non-stick plates that make it easy to prepare the sandwiches and clean. You simply wipe the plates using a damp cloth.
- The maker’s compact size makes it easy to fit and use even in limited areas.
- It is one of the cheapest sandwich makers, yet highly effective.
- It has a preheat light that indicates when the machine is ready for making your sandwich.
- It is not ideal if you like making breakfast sandwiches with large slices of bread.
- The grill plates for the machine are not removable.
3. Cuisinart GR-4NR 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver, Red Dials
For people who want sandwich makers that can multitask, this is one great option. In addition to sandwiches, you can also prepare sausages, pancakes, hamburgers, and grilled steaks. This implies that you will save a lot of money since you do not need to buy additional grills for your kitchen.
We liked the idea of being able to increase the grilling surface when making sandwiches. You can, therefore, use the machine to prepare sandwiches with both slim and broad slices of bread.
Another feature that makes this one of the best breakfast sandwich makers is the easy to use controls. You simply turn the knobs to select the preferred grill, griddle function, or adjust the temperatures. Pretty simple!
- Dishwasher safe.
- Designed with non-stick cooking plates.
- Preheat lights to indicate when it is ready to cook.
- It is expensive. However, you also need to appreciate that this machine can do five different types of cooking.
4. Breville BSG520XL Panini Duo 1500-Watt Nonstick Panini Press
Some of the best sandwiches that make every breakfast worth waiting for are those with grill marks. This sandwich maker is a 1500 watts Panini press designed with impressive non-stick and scratch-resistant Quantanium cooking surface. Unlike most makers, it implies that you can thoroughly cook your food by placing it on the bottom part.
The scratch resistant Quantanium surface has also made this machine the top preference because it makes it easy to clean and durable.
You will also fancy using this machine because of the easy to use controls. It has integrated on/off power and ready lights. This is very helpful because you can tell when it is ready to start cooking.
- It is sold with recipes for making great sandwiches.
- Has a compact design that makes it easy to use even in small areas or carry around.
- Adjustable height control makes it easy to prepare thick artisan bread or open style sandwiches.
- It is pricey.
5. T-fal 1500637135 SW6100 EZ Clean Easy to Clean Nonstick Sandwich and Waffle Maker with Removable Dishwasher Safe Plates, 2-Slice, Silver
T-fal has made a name for its commitment to quality in the products it makes. It did not disappoint when designing this sandwich and waffle maker. The machine is designed to help you prepare sandwiches or waffles. If you want to make breakfast sandwiches, you simply select the right plate.
The sandwich maker allows you to prepare delicious pocket sandwiches within minutes. You will also like the machine’s easy to use controls that feature on/ready lights. This will help you to know when the plates are ready for cooking.
If you want to carry this sandwich from the kitchen to another room, beach, office or other places, it is very easy because of the compact design. Indeed, you will find it very impressive to use even if your space is limited.
- Can be used to prepare both sandwiches and waffles.
- The cooking plates can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
- Does not have a dip tray.
6. IMUSA USA GAU-80102 Large Electric Panini Press 1400-Watts, Silver
Notably, many people who fancy taking sandwiches for breakfast are also likely to cherish chicken grills and burgers. This is why this IMUSA Panini press is one of the top options in this review. In addition to preparing grilled sandwiches, this Panini press will also help you to prepare pork chops, meats, veggies and chicken.
Its plates are designed with non-stick surfaces that make it easy to cook your sandwiches or other foods. The plates are also easy to clean by simply wiping off using a damp cloth.
If you want to try sandwiches of different sizes, this press will be your best friend. It is designed with an adjustable hinge that makes it easy to raise the cooking plates.
- It has a greater value because you can use it to prepare other foods other than the breakfast sandwich.
- Sold affordably.
- Easy to use because of the indicator lights. The heat indicator light tells you when the plates are ready for cooking.
- It is heavy.
7. VillaWare V5555-03 Mickey’s Sandwich Maker
This is another 4.5 star rated maker that allows you to make two sealed pocket sandwiches. It is crafted with classic chrome housing for extra durability and non-stick xylan coating that makes it easy to prepare your sandwiches and clean the equipment.
Another impressive thing about this maker is its cool touch handles that are fitted with a clip. This means that you can prepare your sandwiches without worrying about harming your hands. This makes it a great maker especially when you want to teach new members or kids to sandwich preparations.
- The sandwich maker is sold with a spiffy booklet for tasty recipes.
- In addition to making sandwiches, you can use the maker to prepare deserts.
- It is sturdily constructed to guarantee you of high quality.
- The automatic thermostat control stops the maker when the sandwich is ready.
8. Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press
When Cuisinart designed this grill and Panini press, the focus was to get one of the best pieces into the market. The equipment is made of double cooking surface that allows you to prepare sandwiches and grilled food. This means that you will not need to buy a different grill for your chicken and steaks.
The architecture of the Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press features adjustable front feet that make it easy for sandwich oil to drain away. This makes it easy to prepare your sandwiches as well as cleaning the equipment.
The housing of the machine is designed with stainless steel for higher quality. Besides, the plates are dishwasher friendly. Even if you want to clean the machine daily, it will be easy and fast.
- The floating hinges make it easy to prepare sandwiches with bread of varying thicknesses.
- It is easy to use to prepare sandwiches.
- The compact design means that you can use it even in small spaces.
- It is heavy.
9. De’Longhi CGH800 Contact Grill and Panini Press
If you take a closer look at most items made by De’loghi, they stand out because of high quality. In the case of De’Longhi CGH800 Contact Grill and Panini Press, the manufacturer wanted to create an affordable maker without compromising on quality. The machine allows you to promptly cook your sandwiches with the contact cooking plates.
One of the most impressive things about this maker is that you can prepare sandwiches of any size. You simply need to adjust the hinges depending on the size of your sandwich.
The plates are made with non-stick grill plates that make it easy to clean the machine. In addition, it has a drain cup to drain the excess oil. This is very helpful in preventing the formation of grime.
- In addition to preparing sandwiches, the contact cooking plates can be used to cook other foods such as meat and chicken.
- The adjustable thermostat allows you to set the preferred sandwich cooking temperatures.
- Has an impressive appearance.
- It is affordable.
- It is heavy.
10. Diablo Stovetop Toasted Sandwich Snack Maker
If you are looking for one of the best breakfast sandwich makers at a budget, one of the top options out there is Diablo Stovetop Toasted Sandwich Snack Maker. The maker is uniquely designed to make impressively deep sandwiches.
The most notable characteristic of this maker is its long heat-proof handle. Once you prepare the sandwich, you can hold the maker on top of the gas or electric stove without harming your hands.
The sandwich maker is designed with cast aluminum body in two layers. This helps to make it stronger and long-lasting. It also features an additional coating of non-stick and non-scratch surface. This means that you will find the maker very easy to clean and maintain.
- The stove is affordable.
- Its handle allows you to easily hang in the kitchen.
- Because it uses a gas stove, you can use it to prepare breakfast sandwiches in camps or other places away from home.
- You can easily clean it in a dishwasher.
- Because the maker is not electric, you need to manually time it when the sandwich is ready.
- It is not good for induction cooking.
Breakfast Sandwich Maker Buying Guide
Who does not fancy a super crispy and mouth-watering sandwich? This has resulted in a surge in the number of sandwich makers hitting the marker every year. But this has also made selecting the best breakfast sandwich maker a monumental task.
Before we can delve deeper into individual sandwich makers, it is important to know what to look for. Here is a complete buying guide for a great sandwich maker.
Go for the Right Product Size
Make sure to select the sandwich maker of an appropriate size. If it is too small, it might not be reliable for a family of more than three people. Again, a very large machine will take more space and require you to spend more.
Check the Nature of the Surface
Here, the goal is getting the machine with non-sticky and easy to clean surfaces. One of the best options out there is a Teflon surface. If you opt for cheaper options such as cast iron surfaces, you need to appreciate that they might not be ideal for non-stick cooking.
What is the Handle Made of?
The best breakfast sandwich maker should have a strong handle such as steel. It should also be heat proof for easy handling. If the handle is made of plastic, there is a danger of breaking down and lowering the lifespan of the equipment. Today, the sandwich makers in the market are available at a wide range of prices. However, we do not recommend that you simply pick the cheapest because it is likely to be of poor quality. A quality maker can help you to prepare delicious sandwiches every day without compromising their lifespan. If you want to buy a cheap sandwich maker, you should not take the eyes off quality. Instead, you should look for brands with offers such as clearance sales.
Things to Consider Sandwich Maker
Now that we have outlined the top ten best breakfast sandwich makers, you might still be unsure of the right option for your situation. Here are things to consider.
- The Equipment Power
The power of the sandwich maker is, in reality, the power of the heating element. Most makers’ power ranges from 600 watts to 1,400 watts. Go for the maker with an average power of 75o or more watts.
- Shape of the Sandwich Plates
Before placing an order for a maker, you need to know the nature of the bread that you will use to make sandwiches. Makers have plates arranged such that you can place either a triangular or square slice of bread. If you want to prepare sandwiches of any shape, you should go for the maker with non-compartmented plates.
- The Number of Sandwiches the Maker can Prepare at a Go
This is an important consideration that largely depends on the people who will be eating sandwiches every morning. If you are alone and want only one sandwich every day, a single compartment maker will be okay. But if you have more people, such as a bigger family, you will need the best breakfast sandwich maker that can make more. A good option is a big maker that can make two square sandwiches and cut them into four triangular pieces. In addition to the above consideration, it is also important to consider additional features such as an indicator of heating readiness and temperature controller.
How to Use a sandwich maker?
After buying a maker, you might be wondering about the best way to use it. The most an effective method of using a sandwich maker is following the manufacturer’s instructions. This is a manual that manufacturers attach to every item being released into the market. Here are the basic instructions:
1. Plug the sandwich maker and ensure it remains closed as it heats up. Most models with indicator light will notify you when the maker is ready.
2. Prepare the sandwich by placing your fillings between two slices of bread.
3. Open the sandwich maker. If your sandwich did not have butter, consider applying some oil on the lower and upper plates.
4. Place the sandwich on the lower plate of the maker. Note that the plates are hot and you should avoid touching them!
5. Close the sandwich cover and wait for about 3-5 minutes. If you are using the best breakfast sandwich maker, it will notify you when the sandwich is ready.
6. Remove the sandwich using silicon of wooden spatula and serve.
7. Unplug the sandwich and wait for it to cool as you take breakfast.
8. Finally, wipe the plates with a damp sponge. This will help to prevent the formation of grime and keep the maker ready for the next sandwich.
How to Clean Sandwich maker after Using/Step by Step Guide
Is your maker getting a little greasy? It is time to clean it. Well, cleaning your sandwich maker is not tricky.
1. The first step when cleaning a maker is unplugging it from the mains. Electricity and water do not go together!
2. If the toaster has a removable tray, it is possible to clean it in a dishwasher. However, you should start by checking the manual. If the tray is not removable, up-end the maker to remove the food crumbs.
3. To clean the maker, lift out the sandwich plates and clean them separately using soapy water. Make sure to dry them well after cleaning.
4. If the plates are not removable, the process will be a little longer. Start by removing the food crumbs using your hands. Then, dip a sponge in soapy water and wiping the plates. After wiping all the sections, rise with a damp cloth and dry with a towel.
5. After washing, it is important to apply a thin layer of vegetable oil. This is important in protecting the non-stick coating. Note that when cleaning your maker, the machine should NEVER be immersed in water.
6. After cleaning the interior, wipe the outer part of the machine thoroughly. This will help to maintain the lovely shiny outlook the machine had when new.
How does sandwich maker work?
When you purchase the best breakfast sandwich maker, it is prudent to understand how it works in order to maintain it in top condition. Therefore, how does the sandwich maker operate? Sandwich makers work in four main ways. First, the maker helps to put together the different ingredients that are used to make a sandwich. If you have a maker such as the Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker, you will notice that it has different compartments. This means that you simply add the filler foods to different compartments to make your sandwich. But in non-
compartmentalized makers, you need to start by preparing the sandwich separately. Second, the maker helps to heat your ingredients. Your sandwich is heated at high temperatures to give it the impressive golden appearance you see in a sandwich. It takes about 3-five minutes for the sandwich to be ready. Third, the maker helps to press the sandwich and drain away excess oil. This step is very important to give the sandwich an impressive compact appearance. In some cases, the maker might add some grill marks that give the impressions of grilled food. Note that in some cases the maker can also be used to cut the sandwiches. For example, if you are using a Proctor Silex 25408Y Sandwich Toaster, it prepared two sandwiches and cuts them into four triangular pieces. This means that in three-five minutes, you will have prepared breakfast sandwiches for four people.
Sandwich Maker Frequently Ask Question:
What is difference between Grill and Sandwich Maker?
When you decide to buy a sandwich maker, one question that might be running through your mind might be: “Do I buy a sandwich maker or grill?” Well, to make the big decision, it is important to start by understanding the difference between the two.
A grill is used to prepare any type of food on the grills. This means that your food will have some grill marks when it is finally served. Notably, the grill can be used to prepare literally any type of food, from chicken to potatoes. Another important characteristic of the grill is that it is used to prepare raw food. This means that you can roast raw chicken or potatoes among other food until it is ready to eat.
B. Sandwich Maker
Unlike a grill, the sandwich maker is used to prepare sandwiches, two slices of bread with fillings, usually meat and veggies, added between them. The maker heats the sandwich to give it a yummy brown appearance and presses it to get the compact outlook. Another characteristic of a sandwich maker is that it does not cook raw food. The meat, chicken and veggies used on the sandwich are ready to eat. Therefore, you are simply putting together for a great, delicious and irresistible breakfast. Note that in many cases such as with Cuisinart GR-4NR 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver, Red Dials and Cuisinart GR-11 Griddler 3-in-1 Grill and Panini Press, you can use them as sandwich makers and grillers.
Can we toast bread in sandwich maker?
Yes, you can. However, you need to ensure that the bread is buttered on the two sides.
Is sandwich maker the same as toast bread?
The difference is very small. The toasters have an appliance that cuts the sandwich diagonally into two halves Good example is Proctor Silex 25408Y Sandwich Toaster. But sandwich makers help to prepare bread with fillers such as meat and veggies. Some sandwich makers have grillers.
Why is a sandwich maker so expensive?
An expensive sandwich also means it is likely to be of high quality. However, there are also cheaper makers in the market.
Having a great sandwich maker in your home is very important if you want to always prepare a delicious breakfast. This review has outlined the top ten best breakfast sandwich makers that you should consider to easily prepare yummy breakfasts. Make sure to use the guide provided in the review in order to only buy the sandwich maker that suits your home.